High Performance ATF, PSF and Hydraulic Oil in Many MAN and Voith Vehicles and ZF Transmissions. A high quality transmission fluid suitable for many passenger car and heavy duty automatic transmissions, power steering and hydraulic fluid applications.
Performance, Features & Benefits
Provides consistent, reliable, smooth and trouble free operation of many automotive transmission systems.
- High oxidation resistance
Resistance to oil degradation ensures consistent performance.
- Excellent shear-stability
A special 'VI' improver ensures Shell Spirax S2 ATF AX stays 'in grade' for a longer period.
- Dependable anti-wear protection
Long component life required for consistent gear and hydraulic pump applications.
- Passenger car automatic transmissions
- Heavy duty automatic transmissions
- Power steering units
- Hydraulic power systems
Specifications, Approvals & Recommendations
- Ford Mercon
- Mercedes Benz Sheet: 236.6
- ZF TE-ML: 03D, 04D, 09, 11A, 14A
- Voith 55.6335
- MAN: 339 Typ Z1, 339 Typ V1
- Suitable for use in applications where Allison C-4 type fluids are required.
- Suitable for performance in applications requiring a Dexron IID type fluid.
Typical Physical Characteristics
||Shell Spirax S2 ATF AX
|Kinematic Viscosity @400C mm2/s
|Kinematic Viscosity @1000C mm2/s
|Density @150C kg/m3
|Flash Point (COC) 0C
|Pour Point 0C
These characteristics are typical of current production. Whilst future production will conform to Shell's specification, variations in these characteristics may occur.
Health, Safety & Environment
Shell Spirax S2 ATF AX is unlikely to present any significant health or safety hazard when properly used in the
recommended application and good standards of personal hygiene are maintained.Avoid contact with skin. Use impervious gloves with used oil. After skin contact, wash immediately with soap and water.
Take used oil to an authorised collection point. Do not discharge into drains, soil or water.