Spirax S2 A 80W-90 is blended for use in a wide variety of automotive axle units subjected to heavy duty conditions.
Performance, Features & Benefits
Specially selected additives impart good anti-wear, anti-rust characteristics and oxidation stability.
Maintains low temperature flow in the designed temperature range, resists oxidation, and maintains oil film between gears.
- Automotive transmissions, differentials
- Moderate to heavily loaded gear sets in stationary and ancillaryequipment
- Hypoid gear axles
- Motorcycle gear units separate from the engine
- Other automotive transmission units operating under high speed/shock load, high speed/low torque and low speed/high torque conditions.
Specifications, Approvals & Recommendations
- API Service Classification GL-5
Typical Physical Characteristics
||Shell Spirax S2 A 80W-90
|SAE Viscosity Grade
||SAE J 306
|Kinematic Viscosity @400C mm2/s
|Kinematic Viscosity @1000C mm2/s
|Density @150C kg/m3
|Flash Point (COC) 0C
|Pour Point 0C
These characteristics are typical of current production. Whilst future production will conform to Shell's specification, variations in these characteristics may occur.
Shell Spirax S2 A 80W-90 is unlikely to present any significant health or safety hazard when properly used in the recommended application and good standards of personal hygiene are maintained. Avoid contact with skin. Use impervious gloves with used oil. After skin contact, wash immediately with soap and water.
Take used oil to an authorised collection point. Do not discharge into drains, soil or water.