Gulf Gear EP is a high performance gear lubricant designed to provide effective lubrication in a wide range of automotive transmissions and axle drives where API GL-4 quality oils are specified. It is formulated from high quality base stocks and balanced extreme pressure additives to provide protection to gear components against wear and scoring. It offers protection against oxidation degradation and rust & corrosion. It meets API GL-4 and US MIL-L-2105 specifications for automotive gear oils.
Features & Benefits
- Good Extreme Pressure and Antiwear properties protect against wear and scoring.
- High oxidation stability minimises sludge and deposit formation facilitating longer gear and bearing life.
- Effective rust and corrosion protection reduces wear and extends component life.
- Better low temperature fluidity (SAE 80W-90 and 85W-140) reduces wear and provides easy startup at low ambient temperatures.
- Good anti-foam properties ensure film strength for effective lubrication.
- Excellent seal compatibility helps minimise leakages and reduce chances of contamination.
- Manual transmissions and transaxles requiring oils meeting API GL-4.
- On-road passenger cars, light and heavy duty trucks, buses and vans.
- Off-highway equipment in construction, mining and agriculture.
- Other applications involving spiral bevel gears operating under moderate to severe speeds and loads and axles with hypoid gears operating under mild to moderate speeds and loads.
- Not recommended for automatic transmissions.
Specifications, Approvals & Typical Properties
|Meets the following Specifications
|Viscosity at 100 ºC, cSt
|Flash Point, ºC
|Pour Point, ºC
|Density @ 15ºC, Kg/l