Castrol Syntrax Universal 80W-90 is a part-synthetic SAE 80W-90 multipurpose manual transmission and final drive lubricant. It is particularly recommended for use in highly loaded final drives and differentials of commercial vehicles where API GL-5 performance is required and it carries a number of approvals. Additionally it may be used in synchronised manual transmissions requiring API GL-4 or GL-5 fluids.
- A single product for transmissions and final drives reducing inventory and the potential for misapplication
- High temperature stability gives superior performance and extended drain potential.
- Proven performance as a problem solver in differentials operating in hot climates under arduous conditions.
- Optimised synchroniser performance gives smooth gear shifting at all temperatures.
- High shear stability maintains performance over the life of the lubricant.
- Excellent wear protection particularly at high temperatures extends component life and reduces maintenance costs.
||Syntrax Universal 80W-90
|Density @ 15C, Relative
|Viscosity, Kinematic 40C
|Viscosity, Kinematic 100C
|Viscosity, Brookfield @ -26C
|Flash Point, COC
Product Performance Claims
- API GL-4/GL-5
- MAN 341 Typ Z2
- MAN 342 Typ M2
- MB-Approval 235.0
- Scania STO 1:0
- ZF -TE ML 02B, 05A, 12L, 12M, 16C, 17H, 19B, 21A
Recommended for use in Hino manual transmissions and differentials
Recommended for use where Volvo 1273.10 is requiered
All packages should be stored under cover. Where outside storage is unavoidable drums should be laid horizontally to avoid the possible ingress of water and damage to drum markings. Products should not be stored above 60°C, exposed to hot sun or freezing conditions.